A focused and detail-orientated designer with over 10 years of experience shared between visual design, user experience, and project management.
Born and raised in Australia and currently living in London, England. Work permitted through a 5-year Ancestry Visa.
Designfront Senior Designer, Front-end Developer May 2013 – Present
Designfront is a small team, and as such my roles vary depending on the project. I work extensively on both print and digital and am involved with client liaison, progress meetings, scoping, project management, concept development, branding, and print design. I'm also responsible for information architecture, user interface and website design, front-end development, Craft CMS implementation, and extensive photo retouching. As a main designer and sole developer on all website projects, I’m involved in every aspect of those projects, from initial client meetings where objectives are discussed through to prototyping, information architecture, interface design, and development.
- Working with a diverse range of clients within the arts, financial, and architectural sectors.
- Developing my skillset across many facets of the business, from design and development through to project management and photo retouching.
- Having the opportunity to work remotely on all projects from London.
- Meeting with clients to discuss their business and project objectives and project requirements.
- Estimating time required to complete work and developing design briefs in response to project requirements and within the constraints of cost and time.
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts of a high standard for print and screen.
- Preparing rough drafts and presenting to the Director and other team members.
- Demonstrating concept approaches with rough sketches and layouts.
- Creating low fidelity layouts and wireframes to investigate user flows and design ideas.
- Building interactive prototypes to investigate the feasibility of design choices and interactions.
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Performing extensive photo editing and retouching.
- Setting up client hosting and email.
- Developing and deploying websites across local, staging, and production servers using version control.
- Implementing Craft CMS.
- Managing accounts for ongoing clients.